Golden Town Apple Products is a division of A. Lassonde Inc. situated in?a beautiful small town?close to?Collingwood, Ontario. The plant processes farm fresh apples into apple juice destined for further processing.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for equipment and building maintenance, modifying and installing equipment and implementation of preventative maintenance program.
- Completion of scheduled maintenance work.
- Ensuring maintenance work is completed using food grade lubricants, etc.
- Ensuring work area is cleaned upon completion of maintenance and all parts are accounted for.
- Recording of parts used for each job and reported to Maintenance Lead Hand
- Responsible to work within acceptable standards for maintaining equipment in condition conducive with high quality production.
- Responsible for reporting compliance with operating and safety procedures.
- Responsible to follow all GMP, FDA, CFIA FSEP requirements and FSSC 22000 version 3 standards.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned within capabilities.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE required to perform this job:
- Technical and mechanical skills necessary to ensure maintenance of equipment and building including – equipment repair, lubrication, installation of new equipment, auditory daily equipment checks and technical and mechanical knowledge.
- Organizational skills to maintain preventative maintenance schedules.
- Administrative skills required to maintain repair records and preventative maintenance records.
- Mathematical skills required to deal with mechanical measurement and formulae.
- Interpersonal skills required to deal effectively with company staff.
- Analytical skills required in problem solving.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, HACCP, FSEP and company safety regulations
- Knowledge and experience necessary to perform this job requires 3 to 5 years related experience.
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted, however, we will retain all resumes on file for future opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Please advise us if you require accommodation and we will be happy to work with you to meet your needs.
About Lassonde Inc.
Lassonde is an active, growing, and innovative company. To support this growth, we are always on the lookout for new, talented people with a serious interest in the agri-food industry—people who will enable us to continue to reach even higher.
Submit my application
your request will be processed as quickly as possible.